- Limited edition signed copies available to pre-order now!
- Only 100 of these individually numbered editions will ever be published!
- Guaranteed to bring memories of the Roxy flooding back!
- Packed with scores of photos, rare memorabilia and more
- The perfect gift for anyone that remembers Sheffield in the 1980s
- This critically acclaimed book also features Josephine’s, the Limit, the Leadmill, the Human League, Def Leppard. Rebels, X Clothes, Rebina shoes and more
- A fascinating nostalgia trip.
The Sheffield of the eighties wasn't a place for the faint hearted. The socialist Town Hall was at war with the Thatcher Government and a whole generation was left traumatised following the first public airing of 'Threads'- the 1984 docudrama of Sheffield in the aftermath of a nuclear attack.
But there was always a night at the Roxy to keep you occupied. With a capacity in excess of 2,000, this place had one the most jaw-dropping light shows in the country and became famous nationally as a base for the ‘Hitman & Her’ TV series.
Phil Oakey's Human League introduced the world to electro-pop in jaw dropping style as their 'Dare' album hit the shops in autumn of 1981 and 'Don't You Want Me', their most successful single ever, followed in December.
Other renowned venues of the decade included Josephine’s, Cairo Jax, The Leadmill, Rebels, The Limit and more.
X Clothes and Rebina were fashion Ground Zero, Roger & Out was so strong they only sold it in third pint glasses and the Hole In The Road, once a proud symbol of civic pride and post war regeneration, was left to fall into rack and ruin.
This book will be the perfect gift for anyone that remembers this amazing era. The book is released on Friday, June 7th, 2019.
|Brand||Dirty Stop Outs|